Sunday, September 20, 2009

3 States in 3 Days

Although I'm no longer an Admissions Counselor for a specific geographic territory, I still help out the other counselors by covering college fairs in their area that they're unable to make. I have a busy next few days - as I'll be in in Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan in the next 3 days!

Today I covered for Allison and traveled to Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Now, I am a die-hard Browns fan and wouldn't root for the Steelers if they were playing Iraq, but I do enjoy the city of Pittsburgh. People don't realize that Pittsburgh is less than 2.5 hours from Painesville --- that is closer to Painesville than Columbus, Ohio is!

Being at Duquesne University was great, too. President Victor received his Juris Doctorate degree from Duquesne, so when he started at Lake Erie College an agreement formed where students can spend three years at Lake Erie College then three years at Duquesne University School of Law and receive both a bachelor's degree from LEC and J.D. degree from Duquesne. Students do have to achieve a minimum grade pint average of 3.5 from Lake Erie College and score in the 60th percentile on the LSATs, among other criteria, but overall it is an extremely unique opportunity that isn't available through many other institutions.

Although I have a lot of preparation for the upcoming Campus Visit Day Program and Storm Hits Road Show, I'm excited to be on the road the next couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment